Thursday 4 October 2007

express yourself

Libra
23 Sep-23 Oct
It's good to empathise - and with a huge circle of chums at that - but the first problems to solve are your own. Clearing up other people's woes can become mere displacement. Here are two reasons to get self-centred: your birthday Sun lets you do that polite-but-pushy thing Librans are so good at, and Mars promises a way more contested professional scenario. Compete!

Most "proper" psychologists are dismissive of phenomena such as coincidence, superstition, I Ching, horoscopes and what have you. Jung, on the other hand, treated them as human experineces which are as valid for study as any other. You could, I guess, see him as as forerunner of post modernism, where we all construct our own realities by reading meaning into our interpretations and perceptions of our lives. I like Jung.

All this is a long way round of saying that I read horoscopes. True, I'm fairly selective about the ones I go for (ones of the Mystic Meg ilk "a man in a purple track suit will be significant on Thursday" don't do it for me), and I reserve the right to ignore any news I don't want to acknowledge. Apart from that I treat them as gospel.

This one, as someone invovled in a "helping" profession struck a chord. Ignoring your own issues or needs and projecting them onto other people is a sure fire way of staying stuck in a never ending pattern of martyrdom (I've found).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mystic Megs say - Inspiring Neptune stirs up so many ideas but this time you have cool-thinking Mercury to help you focus on the one plan that will work. Later, there is a surprise in your love life when someone you thought was not interested reveals passionate feelings

Dismiss her if you want to but with the merging of the Sun and Mystic Meg you are always guaranteed to get laid! (allegedly)

Unknown said...

i would love to believe it - thank you anonymous, and I look forward to that surprise in my love life....