Saturday 14 June 2008

Tragedy! when the feeling's gone and you can't go on....

Last night I got to see a side of HK that I rarely interact with - the ritzy-glitzy-designer'n'coke bar scene. As it was also a completely spontaneous thing, I found myself sitting in this pretentious, ridiculously look at me place dressed in a look that's best described as "urban wanna be dyke".

In my salt encrusted birkenstocks, rolled up badly fitting jeans and t shirt, however, I can honestly say that I was having a better time than the majority of the hello dahling look at me crowd who were orbiting round this extraordinary place. I gleefully swigged beer from the bottle whilst being introduced to some of HK's model set (if the women are good looking I can honestly say the guys are even more hot. Extraordinary).

The cue to leave was when the second DJ set of the night started and 3 idiots in gas masks took to the stage. Gas Masks???? Having enjoyed Nathan Barley too much last week I couldn't take it and shambled out into the pouring rain.

Keep it girthy.

5 comments:

LottieP said...

Hooray! Everyone will be wearing salt-encrusted Birkenstocks next week...

Keep it viscous, yeah?

Anonymous said...

Give me a good spit and sawdust pub any day of the week! :-)

Unknown said...

UPDATE:

Oh my. Hadn't realised quite how special the do was until I saw this in our highly regarded rag, the South China Morning Post:

"It was a madhouse at the Kee Club on Friday night as the glamazon clique came out to bling it up at rock `n' roll jeweller Justin Davis' party. Definitely a character, you couldn't miss the designer among the crowd. He wore shades and a neck full of silver but also a long dark coat and scarf, and carried a mini electric fan to keep himself cool. Imagine a goth biker version of Elton John who likes to create pendants and chains of skulls, crosses and - his brand's logo - crowns. "I'm obsessed with royalty," Davis said. "I'm American. We don't have royalty. Rock stars aren't royals.""

LottieP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LottieP said...

I just read that write-up without realising it was the party you were at. I thought to myself "That sounds like a godawful self-regarding event".

But then I hate royalty. Rock royalty, real royalty, it's all the same to me.

The man ("Justin" - not "Air Justin" by any chance?) looked like a cut-price Rod Stewart in the picture.